What is Marijuana?
A green mixture of the dried, shredded flowers of cannabis sativa, marijuana is beloved for its medical benefits and the various sensations it produces throughout the body and mind.
Below is a breakdown for those who want to learn more about marijuana.
Cannabis Strains are Broken Down into Three Categories:
Also known as “head high,” these strains are typically used during the daytime as it boosts your mood and energy and increases cerebral and creative activity.
Also known as “body high,” this strain is recommended to be used at nighttime and it provides physical relaxation, mental calmness and a sensation called “body buzz.” It is also known to cause be PAIN RELIEF Overall descriptions consistently express a sedative and introspective effect’
This strain is a blend of sativa and indica. Therefore, it falls in-between the indica-sativa spectrum. Often, cannabis breeders cross-pollinate strains of indica and sativa to try to combine the effects of them into a single strain. Growers continually seek different combinations of strains in order to create different effects and to create relief of medical conditions.
What is in Cannabis:
This compound produces mental and physical effects when consumed and cause euphoric, anticonvulsive and anti-inflammatory effects.
It’s best known for its powerful psychoactivity.
It’s non-psychoactive and used for its broad therapeutic effects.
It’s mildly psychoactive and used as a potent natural sleep aid.
This compound is found in every class of living things, plays a key role in traditional herbal remedies and cause antibacterial antineoplastic and antioxidant effects.
Ways Cannabis is Consumed:
- Pure plant matter, flowers are often consumed by smoking or vaping as it takes less than 10 minutes to feel the effects.
- Made with extracts, edibles are consumed orally and take up to 90 minutes before taking effect.
- Concentrated from flowers for potency, concentrates are consumed via vaporization and takes effect in less than 10 minutes.
Fun Facts about Cannabis:
- Basically, marijuana can’t kill you. It’d take up to 800 joints to kill a man, but his death would be because of carbon monoxide.
- The first recorded use of marijuana was 4,700 years ago, when Chinese Emperor Shen Nung needed the drug to treat gout, malaria and rheumatism.
- In Denver, there are more marijuana dispensaries than Starbucks.
Benefits of Medical Marijuana:
It can treat glaucoma.
It can control epileptic seizures.
It decreases anxiety.
It relieves arthritis discomfort.
It relieves, insomnia, pain, muscle spasms, depression, fatigue, mood disorders and ADD.